Sunday, September 18, 2016

Feedback Focus

This is my review of three ways to stay focused:

Reading Out Loud
I love this method. This is what I do not only for this class but all of them! I am a visual and auditory learner so this method hits both those points. I see the words and hear them. This makes it easier for me to focus and remember details for later. It's like the "copy and delete" method without the note taking part. So for simpler, quicker stories, this is great!



Copy and Delete
I think this was my favorite method because it was basically keeping notes of what I was reading. I did more of an outline rather with this method and it worked so well! If I got confused about something later in the story, I had a handy reference that I could quickly go back to jog my memory. I can tend to sometimes get lost in stories and having those notes available made it easier, and quicker, to get through the story.



Use a Timer
This was my least favorite way to stay focused. I do not like being rushed when I'm doing something, and that's what I felt like for this method. I felt as if I could not focus at all because I was too concerned about the time! Whenever I am being rushed, I feel like I'm not giving my best either. If I could process information I'm reading faster, this method would be great because it would save me so much time.


1 comment:

  1. Your comment about being both an auditory learner and a visual learner made me reconsider myself! For some reason I always felt like you could only really be one... but of course it makes sense that one can absolutely be a mix!

    I recently retried the Copy and Delete method, and I really connected with it! I'm starting to think that I am more of a visual learner than what I thought at first. And yeah, it's so handy to have notes! I'd like to think that I'll remember everything, but chances are that I won't. I also noticed that a lot of people feel strongly against the timer method. I found that if I tweak my mindset, I can actually use the timer to my advantage. Instead of making a goal to write as much quality work that I can, I just make a goal to write as much as I can. From there I go back and edit, and that's when I give myself all the time that I want. This has helped me simplify my work and I'm, surprisingly, less distracted!

    ReplyDelete