Thursday, August 25, 2016

Storybook Favorites



Himalayan Elephant: Going through the list of options, this title was one that immediately stood out to me. From the title itself, it invoked my curiosity as it sounded like a mystery story. The author did an excellent job describing the story without giving away any critical information. The author also did a fantastic job with design and layout. The site was had a mysterious undertone that prompted me to further explore. After I read the introduction, I wanted to know where Kamal and Rajim’s adventure led them, and if they ever found their mysterious Himalayan elephant.






Tales of Shiva: This story seemed interesting to me because Shiva is one of the most well-known gods of the Hindu religion. However, I felt as if I knew nothing about him. The introduction spoke about Shiva’s power and strength coupled with his renewal and intimacy. Although the layout was too plain for me, the imagery was made up for in the introduction. The author’s use of words was fantastic and the introduction was well written. It provided insight into who his god was and why he was considered “the supreme god” by some. I want to read more of this story because the author showed characteristics of Shiva that make him personable and interesting to learn about.







Indian Tales as Told by Squirrel: The title itself is enough to interest the reader. I didn’t know what to expect, but I was amusingly surprised. This story is basically stories told by the viewpoint of a thousand-year-old squirrel. I enjoyed the creative concept behind it since we do have so many squirrels running around campus, and the introduction was very well written to fit the thoughts of what a squirrel might have. Overall, I think this was my favorite story. The design, layout, and images capture my attention, and the introduction provided substance to further explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment