Sunday, August 28, 2016

Growth Mindset

Before watching these videos, I had not heard about the Carol Dweck and her thoughts on the growth mindset. For my past, I know I would always think more in the "fixed method". I think this way of thinking stunts your learning by clouding your thoughts with negative thoughts. I learned early on that when I did not put effort into what I was doing, there was a difference in results from when I did. "Not yet" allows a person to be okay with failing because they understand it is needed on the path to success. I would be interested in learning more about this concept because it would encourage me to not only learn more but learn better. One of my biggest goals for this semester is getting into a graduate program. I want to study in a way that would help me achieve that goal and be able to do my best.



1 comment:

  1. I had not heard of Carol Dweck either prior to viewing these videos. I completely agree as I also think that has the tendency to stunt growth as well as the negative influx of thoughts that are not pleasing to the mind. I think your goal of getting into a graduate program is a fantastic one! I wish you all the luck in the world. Nice photo choice by the way!

    ReplyDelete