Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Growth Mindset: Week 8

The following is the chart provided by the class. The arrows point to the side that I think I identify with more. If there is no arrow, that means I believe I'm somewhere in the middle.



One of the biggest things I struggle with is taking risks. I tend to stay within my comfort zone. I'm trying to try new things as this semester goes on in my writing and in life in general. This class has also taught me that I cannot get things right the first time. I like that I'm constantly getting comments on my stories that help me improve because it is showing me that it's okay to not get things right the first time. 
Writing stories and experiencing these tales has shown me how much I love to read and tell stories. The assignments have helped me not only improve my weak spots but also develop my strengths. I have learned how to be a better writer, and it has fueled my curiosity not just about the epics but also myself. 


5 comments:

  1. Hi Shifa! I had never imagined myself as much of a storyteller and in that regard, I think this class has definitely challenged me but also boosted my confidence. I love that this class has made you more curious about your own potential! I think that that kind of curiosity is the most important to cultivate.
    I also really like the quote image you posted, it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you're comfortable with taking risks, your comfort zone will expand even more and you'll comfortable in new ways! I love hearing about people expanding their comfort zones, because it's such a seemingly scary thing to do, but once you get used to it it feels exciting and new! I also loved your image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the chart you show but the picture that you posted with it really hits a chord with me. I feel the same in taking risks. I get so discouraged so easily and once you're knocked down so many times it can seem hard to get back up. But you just have to have a little faith in yourself and get right back in the thick of things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that you chose to post a chart instead of just a random image. I agree that taking risks can be hard, but I agree with everyone else as well. Once you start to step out of your comfort zone continuously you won't be so scared anymore. Good luck to your for the future! Don't worry! Keep trying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Shifa! I think this growth mindset is great! I also think it is a very strong thing to share the entirety of this list showing what you find yourself to be weak and strong at. I also find myself struggling to take risks into something I would most likely do just great in if I would just take the jump!

    ReplyDelete